Friday, February 09, 2007

Dramatic restoration of my dream ! ^

Its recommended that you read the post below this first to get a feel of wat this is all about..

So can u make a guess wat happened..
Quick recap : i was off to home to cure my throat infection which had grown very acute ( even the intake of saliva pained a lot....) and cud hardly speak.
And i was supposed to sing for one of the bands at AD (* acoustic dusk *) @ IITB...

Wen at home somehow due to the gr8 medicines my throat was cured....Atleast now i can swallow my saliva !! phew !!
But there seemed to be no improvement in my voice....My vocal chords were angry with me. :(
i was very worried..
Next day i woke up ( yeah i did wake up ) at 5.45 am and after " taking bath " went to hostel ....as i hate bunking lectures when i cant get attendance without attending them :P
Only thing in my mind was what will i do today 6pm in AD..
What if i fail ? What if i cannot sing in front of others ? and all such sort of questions boggling my mind.....

Yeah the throat infection was least expected at such stage... x-(
That afternoon Akhil asked me to sing once in front of him....By that time i had some more fragment of my voice coming out...
I was able to sing but had difficulty of stretching on long lines...
He said " watever is the case , you will be singing ".
So at that point i made up my mind to do it....however bad i may sing....

We were the fourth one to perform ....In front of the lights i cud hardly anyone in the audience....The scene was completely black for me....
I introduced the band.....and then we started....I sung quite good ( in such a condition ).
I received various types of comments...but that hardly matters ....for at that point i was glad that i did sing.......

I learnt a lot from other singers and was a great experience with a seemingly fair start...

victorie et joie

Signing off...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

Hi,
I'm a student @ IIMB in their exec MBA program ( PGSEM ) ..I'm trying out a blog-based networking plugin as a web-venture along with my batch mate @ NITC.. The details are available at http://blogs.edotte.com.. Please take a look when u r free.. Useful as a plugin to your blog..
Thanks,
Ajith

8:48 AM  
Blogger Ragamalika said...

Bravo!
It's important to do your stuff, whether you win or not... I think even the best and most confident people suffer from stage fear at one level...
Nice blog! Why don't you check out www.mmsc-manipal.com

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home